PERSONAL INFORMATION – GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS (GDPR 2018)
GDPR has brought in new legal protection for your personal information from May 2018. This privacy document tells you what personal information I hold and why I hold this information. It also tells you what your rights are. Once you have read the document, please complete and sign the declaration / statement of consent at the bottom of the form.
Helen Kerridge trading as HK Therapies
THERAPIST’S CONTACT DETAILS
Telephone number: 07946515757
Langham Clinic, 2 Langham Grange, Stock Hill, Langham, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP31 3EE.
DATA CONTROLLER CONTACT DETAILS
THE PURPOSE OF PROCESSING CLIENT DATA
I hold and use client data in order to provide you with the best possible treatment options, support and advice.
LAWFUL BASIS FOR HOLDING AND USING CLIENT INFORMATION
The lawful basis under which I hold and use your information is my legitimate interests – my requirement to retain your information in order to provide you with the best possible treatment options and advice. As I hold special category data (health related information), the additional condition that I hold and use this information is to enable me to fulfil my role as a complementary health care practitioner bound by the AoR Confidentiality as defined in the AoR Code of Practice and Ethics and by my insurers (Holistic Insurance).
WHAT INFORMATION I HOLD AND WHAT I DO WITH THE INFORMATION
In order to provide professional treatments and services (Reflexology, Aromatherapy, Hypnobirthing courses, Meditation courses), I will need to keep information about your health. I will only use this information to inform my treatments and services and any advice that I give you as a result of your treatment. The information to be held is:
• Your contact details
• Your medical history and other health related information
• Treatment details and notes
I will not share your information with anyone else (other than within my own practice, or as required for legal purposes) without explaining to you why this is necessary and getting your explicit consent.
HOW LONG I RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION FOR
I will keep your information for the following 8 years as required by my insurance.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
I am committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place appropriate technical, physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect from you.
I will contact you using the contact preferences that you have given me.
GDPR gives you the following rights:
• The right to be informed
• The right to know how your information will be held and used (this privacy notice).
• The right of access: to see your therapist’s records of your personal information, so you know what is held about you and can verify it.
• The right to rectification: the right to tell you therapist to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
• The right to erasure: the right to request that your therapist erases any information that they hold about you – also called ‘the right to be forgotten’.
• The right to restrict processing of your personal data. You have the right to request limits on how your therapist uses your personal information.
• The right to data portability: under certain circumstances you can request a copy of your information held electronically so you can reuse it in other systems.
• The right to object: to be able to tell your therapist that you don’t want them to use certain parts of your information or only to use it for certain purposes.
• Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
• The right to lodge a complaint with the ICO if you feel your details are not correct, if they are not being used in a way that you have given permission for, or if they are being stored when they do not have to be.
Full details of your rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please email – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are dissatisfied with the response, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office – the contact details can be found at www.ico.org.uk
• If you do not agree to your therapist keeping records of information about you and your treatments or if you do not allow them to use the information in the way they needs to for your treatments, the therapist may not be able to treat you.
• Your therapist has to keep your records of treatments for a certain period of time as described above, which may mean that even if you ask them to erase any details about you, they might have to keep these details until after that period of time has passed.
• Your therapist can move their records between their computers and IT systems, as long as your details are protected from being seen by others, without your permission.
I have seen this document and understand that you will hold and use my personal information, using it in order to provide me with the best possible treatment options and advice in line with the statements above.
I consent to you holding and using my information as outlines above and understand that I may withdraw consent at any time by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
I have received a copy of this document.
Note – for children under 16 a parent or guardian signature is required.
Cookies are used on this website to make the site easier to use and to track the traffic patterns of visitors. If you are not happy with this, then you can adjust your web browser settings to disallow cookies.